Shared Talent India
An Online Sourcing Toolkit
Shared Talent, a unique initiative from the CSF, encourages fashion designers to exchange expertise with other protagonists across the supply chain, transcending traditional divisions, be they linguistic, geographic, or discipline based.
In 2009, Shared Talent India brought together a diverse group of likeminded designers to share their ideas about fashion, challenge their motivations as designers and question how they create collections. Equipped with research carried out by the Centre for Sustainable Fashion, their collaborative concepts were realised with beautiful results.
Through partnership between the Defra led Sustainable Clothing Roadmap and the Indian Government under the UK:India Sustainable Development Dialogue, the Shared Talent India explored and shared knowledge on sustainable design practice. Those involved include twelve designers, based in both the UK and India, suppliers of Indian textiles, buyers and undergraduates from London College of Fashion, Pearl Academy of Fashion Delhi and Amsterdam Fashion Institute. The initiative aims to innovate towards improved ecological, ethical and cultural criteria in selecting and creating collections and to connect designers and buyers to more sustainable textiles in India.
Shared Talent India brought the Centre for Sustainable Fashion into contact with a variety of forward thinking textile suppliers. We want UK fashion businesses to benefit from all of our contacts and research. With this in mind we will have developed an online toolkit online to help UK based fashion businesses develop productive relationships with Indian suppliers and successfully source sustainable textiles.
Shared Talent India, the online sourcing toolkit is now live for designers and fashion professionals to access.
Photography by Kerry Dean
Styling by Katie Felstead
Location Eagle House Hotel, Hastings
[:http://csf.exposureclients.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/final_sustainable_movie2_1Mbps. 320 270]
The Shared Talent India Team
- Bevan Ofosu Agyemang (London College of Fashion)
- Nitin Bal Chauhan, Samant Chauhan, Saurabh Chauhan, (Pearl Academy)
- Kritika Dawar (Pearl Academy)
- Eleanor Feddon, Dhairya Gautam (Pearl Academy)
- Katharina Grube (Amsterdam Fashion Institute)
- Gaurav Gupta (AKAARO)
- Varun Gupta, Sahil Jaisingh, (Pearl Academy)
- Anjana Janardhan, Jattinn Kochhar, Juanita Koerts, (Amsterdam Fashion Institute)
- Padmaja Krishnan, Gunjan Kumar (Pearl Academy)
- Pratyush Kumar (Pearl Academy)
- Ester Miles (London College of Fashion)
- Charlotte Moore (London College of Fashion)
- Jaisheel Nishad (Pearl Academy)
- Anne Prahl, Holly Pressdee, Nieves Ruiz Ramos, Shazia Saleem, Monalisa Saran (Pearl Academy)
- Annemaria Ven Der Van (Amsterdam Fashion Insitute)
- Ruta Zabraskaite (London College of Fashion)
The Indian textile suppliers working on Shared Talent India
Aura Herbal Textiles
Bankhandi Handloom Co-Operative Ind, New Delhi
BVT Silks, Bangalore
Fair Trade Forum India
Khadi and Village Industries Commission