May 12, 2009 by amucklow
A great opportunity has arisen to be part of a the “Local Wisdom” Fashion Shoot. There are two shoots taking place one in Totnes in June (Saturday 6th) and the other in Bollington in July(Sunday 5th ).
The shoot is for a unique fashion research project organised the Centre for Sustainable Fashion at London College of Fashion to record and celebrate the clothes we wear and the way that we wear them.
So if you have a skirt that you share with a friend; a jumper that has never been washed; or you try and wear something that is made up of separate pieces that can be interchanged; or have trousers that help you connect to nature – with expandable pockets perhaps in which to carry home your foraged supper, then we’d love to meet you and get you involved.
The project team is looking for garments that:
- are shared between people
- have never been washed – and aren’t leather
- have the character of a particular place in them
- link you with the natural world
- catches your attention each time you wear it
- tells the story of how it’s been used
- are made up of separate pieces that can be interchanged
- make you feel part of a community (but not a uniform)
- are enjoying a third, fourth or fifth life
So if you are over 16 and would like to be photographed wearing your clothes so as to share the story please get involved.
For more information click here.